To better align with the new LLCs and TLCs, the Personal Librarian program will be re-imagined over the next year.
You can still contact a librarian for personalized help!
If you're not sure who your subject specialist is, check out this list.
Feel free to get in touch with any of the librarians at Copley with questions you may have. If we can't answer you, it's a sure bet we know someone who can!
What is the Personal Librarian Program?
The Personal Librarian Program at Copley Library adds a layer of academic support to student research and instruction and strengthens the relationship between students and the library.
· Each new student at the University of San Diego is assigned a Personal Librarian in the Fall semester
· Personal Librarians are assigned to students based on the Living Learning Communities, and are included in each LLC’s Theme Team; new transfer students are assigned Personal Librarians in separate groups
· Personal Librarians reach out to students throughout the academic year to keep them informed of library services, resources, and events
· Personal Librarians are available to students as needed
What are the benefits to students?
· Students are assured of support from Copley Library faculty, staff, before they arrive at USD
· Students have a connection with a librarian in the library whom they can contact any time
· Students receive personalized academic support